Wednesday, April 13, 2011

TVD Annual Death Watch and end-of-season freakout

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is supposed to be a writing blog, but since it has also apparently morphed into my default Vampire Diaries blog, I'll share my annual death watch/freak out list here:


1. First of all, the people we're obviously NOT going to lose, so I'm not even going to worry about it:
  • Elena (thought she could get vamped)
  • Stefan
  • Damon

2. People I am MORE THAN okay with losing:
  • JOHN.  No, the caps lock was not stuck. 
  • Jules.  Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya... 
  • Matt.  Same goes. 
  • Bonnie.  No, seriously. I'm fine with it. 

3. People I am okay with losing:
  • Katherine.  The show is running out of organic reasons to keep her around. 
  • Alaric.  Actor is underused, his death would give Jenna something meatier to deal with. 
  • Klaus.  It'll have to happen some time anyway. 
  • Carol Lockwood.  Um... just because?

4. People I don't want to lose but can live with losing:
  • Tyler.  I'd like to keep him and explore the vampire/werewolf thing, but I won't be distraught to lose him 
  • Andie.  I'd really like for her to turn out to be more than she seems and not just Damon's chew toy.

5. People I DO NOT want to lose:
  • Liz (SOMEONE has to have a parent).  Poor Caroline!! 
  • Jenna.  I want the show to DO something with her, not kill her off pointlessly. 
  • Jeremy.  This is more for Elena's sake than Jeremy's.  I mean, how much is the girl supposed to take?

6. People who, if they die, I'm-a CUT A BITCH!!!:
  • Caroline.  Seriously, show.  Step away from Vampire Barbie!  Because she is AWE. SOME. 
  • Elijah.  Uh, if you've seen any of the five bazillion words I've published below, I think this more or less speaks for itself.

So there's my death watch/freak out breakdown list.  Who are your expendables and your don't-touch-ems?

2 comments:

  1. I'd switch Alaric and Andie and put everyone under #5 into #4. I'm just not very attached to them. They are probably pretty safe after what happened to Isobel. Poor Aunite Vanilla will actually get some screen time for once. I hope for her sake she doesn't run into Klaric. Strongly agree with #6! Elijah should win and rule the vampire world. He's just that awesome. Do you think they will bring in more Originals?

    ~E. Winchester

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely agree with your #6! The only readon they can get rid of Elijah should be to give him his own show, where he can just BAMF all over the place.

    I've never had a problem with Bonnie, but I think they'll keep her even after the evetnual Klaus showdown, just to have a witch around. Jules should go, as well as Matt. I like the conflict he's bringing now, but it's annoying.

    I want Klaus to survive this season, just because there's so much that he can be involved in. And it would cheapen his rep as the big bad if he just bites it too soon.

    ~ EllieDC

    ReplyDelete